2019 Board Elections
The following represents the results of the election:
District 5 - Incumbent Chris Bunch retains his seat.
- GVEA’s bylaws state that a 10% return of valid ballots of the total membership of each voting district is required. District 5’s returned ballots did not meet this requirement; therefore, the current director, Chris Bunch, is considered elected and will serve another three-year term (his third). The individual who ran against Chris Bunch was Mark Oppe.
- Of the 6,442 ballots issued, only 580 valid ballots were cast, which constitutes a 9% return.
District 6 - Incumbent John Sloan retains his seat.
- John Sloan ran unopposed and will be appointed by the board to serve another 3-year term at their June 24 meeting.
Also at this June's meeting, the board will accept the 2019 election results and elect officers.
In 2020, directors for District 1 (Dave Messier), District 2 (Tom DeLong) and District 3 (Rick Schikora) will be up for election.
Instructions & Director Application Materials:
- Board of Director Application (interactive form)
- Policy 2.7 - Qualifications of Directors
- Policy 2.1.1 - Board Conflict of Interest
- Application Checklists:
The Board of Director Nomination & Election Process Handbook is downloadable. It contains information on the qualifications for directors, as well as the processes of being nominated, running by petition and campaigning.