2019 Board Elections
Here's a great opportunity to get involved with your co-op! Consider assisting with the selection of board candidates by serving on your district's Nominating Committee.
Next spring, members in Districts 1, 2 and 3 will elect their board representative. Therefore, Nominating Committees for Districts 1, 2 and 3 are now forming. Each Nominating Committee will:
- Select a slate of at least two qualified candidates for GVEA's Board of Directors.
- Attend a required two-hour training session in early December.
- Meet several times between December 2019 and February 2020.
- Be compensated $60 per meeting attended, plus standard mileage rates for travel.
If you're a member in Districts 1, 2 or 3 and want to serve on the Nominating Committee for your district, click here to access the application form. Once you complete the form, save it on your desktop. Send an email, with the completed application as an attachment, to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2019.
Instructions & Director Application Materials:
- Board of Director Application (interactive form)
- Policy 2.7 - Qualifications of Directors
- Policy 2.1.1 - Board Conflict of Interest
- Application Checklists:
The Board of Director Nomination & Election Process Handbook is downloadable. It contains information on the qualifications for directors, as well as the processes of being nominated, running by petition and campaigning.