GVEA's Solar Project
GVEA recently signed a contract with ABS Alaskan, Inc. to install the solar array panels for GVEA's Solar Project. The location will be on GVEA property near Van Horn Road, south of the GVEA's Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) and Wilson Substation facilities.
Here are the details:
- Size: 563 kW Solar PV System
- Annual energy production is estimated to equal the annual energy used in 37 homes or 814 barrels of oil.
- Footprint is 3 acres
- Panel manufacturer: CSUN
- Each of the 1,760 panels will generate 320 watts.
- Contractor: ABS Alaskan, Inc.
- Estimated to be online: October 2018
- Cost: $850,000 after a $225,000 grant supplied from United States Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Energy for America Program (REAP)
Pictured below: An artist's rendition of what the installed panels will look like.