About the Member Advisory Committee
Have you ever wondered:
- Why is electricity so expensive?
- If we have the most powerful battery back up system, why does the power still go out?
- Who decides which directors are on our ballots each year?
- What's GVEA's perspective on hydropower?
Participating on the MAC is an opportunity to find out more about your electric co-op and to provide valuable feedback.
The MAC is made up of three members from each of GVEA's seven geographic districts. MAC members serve on co-op committees such as district nominating committees, the annual meeting committee, bylaw review committee and the election committee.
MAC members meet monthly and serve three-year terms. They receive $45 per meeting and $0.56 per mile for travel.
All GVEA members (except employees) are eligible to volunteer.
Interested in joining the MAC?
Get Involved - Join the Member Advisory Committee
Current MAC Members:
|District 1:||Nancy Hummel||David Pelunis-Messier||Robert Marcinkowski|
|District 2:||Heidi Titchenal||Lorna Shaw||Gale Vick|
|District 3:||David Bates||Lisa Herbert||Roger Kermes|
|District 4:||Ruth Knapman||Gary Pedretty||Brittnie Welsh|
|District 5:||Van Baart||Gregory Garrels||Raven Riddle|
|District 6:||Daniel Beck||James Carter||Whit Hicks|
|District 7:||Terry Hinman||Ryan Jusczak||Lorrie Terry|
MAC meetings are usually held the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at GVEA's headquarters on Illinois Street. All members are welcome to attend.
If the temperature at 9:00 a.m. on the morning of a MAC meeting is -40 degrees or colder at the Fairbanks International Airport (458-3745 ext. 1113), the meeting will be cancelled.
2014 Meeting Dates
- Recess - No January meeting
- Recess - No February meeting
- March 12 Minutes
- April 30 - Annual Members' Meeting at Carlson Center
- May 14 Minutes
- June 11 No regular meeting
- July 9 Minutes
- August 13
- Recess - No September meeting
- October 8
- November 12
- December 10