About the Member Advisory Committee
Have you ever wondered:
- Why is electricity so expensive?
- If we have the most powerful battery back up system, why does the power still go out?
- Who decides which directors are on our ballots each year?
- What's GVEA's perspective on hydropower?
Participating on the MAC is an opportunity to find out more about your electric co-op and to provide valuable feedback.
The MAC is made up of three members from each of GVEA's seven geographic districts. MAC members serve on a variety of co-op committees (e.g. district nominating, annual meeting, bylaw review and the election committee).
MAC members meet monthly and serve three-year terms. They receive $45 per meeting, plus standard mileage rates for travel.
All GVEA members (except employees) are eligible to serve.
Interested in joining the MAC?
- MAC members meet monthly and serve three-year terms.
- Solicitation for new MAC members occurs each year during July and August.
- Applications for new MAC members are reviewed and selected by current MAC members.
- The current term year begins each October.
- Questions? Contact us at 452-1151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download an application by clicking here.
Get Involved - Join the Member Advisory Committee
Current MAC Members:
|District 1:||Nancy Hummel||David Pelunis-Messier||Gary Woody|
|District 2:||Heidi Titchenal||LJ Evans||(vacant)|
|District 3:||David Bates||Roger Kermes||Paul Tritt Jr.|
|District 4:||Ruth Knapman||Andrew McDonnell||Brittnie Welsh|
|District 5:||Gregory Garrels||Lourdes Petty||(vacant)|
|District 6:||Audrey Brown||James Carter||Whit Hicks|
|District 7:||Terry Hinman||Ryan Jusczak||(vacant)|
MAC meetings are typically held the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at GVEA's headquarters on Illinois Street. All members are welcome to attend.
Note: If the temperature at 9am on the morning of a MAC meeting is -40 degrees or colder at the Fairbanks International Airport (458-3745 ext. 1113), the meeting will be cancelled.
2016 Meeting Dates
- January 13 Agenda Minutes
- February 10 Agenda
- March 9
- April 13
- May 5 - working Annual Members' Meeting (at LHS' Hering Auditorium)
- May 11
- June - Tasked w/ Ballot Count (in lieu of regular meeting)
- July 13
- August 10
- Recess - No September Mtg
- October 12
- November 9
- December 14