About the Member Advisory Committee
Have you ever wondered:
- Why is electricity so expensive?
- If we have the most powerful battery back up system, why does the power still go out?
- Who decides which directors are on our ballots each year?
- What's GVEA's perspective on hydropower?
Participating on the MAC is an opportunity to find out more about your electric co-op and to provide valuable feedback.
The MAC is made up of three members from each of GVEA's seven geographic districts. MAC members serve on a variety of co-op committees (e.g. district nominating, annual meeting, bylaw review and the election committee).
MAC members meet monthly and serve three-year terms. They receive $45 per meeting, plus standard mileage rates for travel.
All GVEA members (except employees) are eligible to serve.
Interested in joining the MAC?
- MAC members meet monthly and serve three-year terms.
- Solicitation for new MAC members occurs each year during July and August.
- Applications for new MAC members are reviewed and selected by current MAC members.
- The current term year begins each October.
- Download an application by clicking here.
Get Involved - Join the Member Advisory Committee
Current MAC Members:
|District 1:||Nancy Hummel||David Pelunis-Messier||Gary Woody|
|District 2:||Heidi Titchenal||Lorna Shaw||LJ Evans|
|District 3:||David Bates||Roger Kermes||Paul Tritt Jr.|
|District 4:||Ruth Knapman||Andrew McDonnell||Brittnie Welsh|
|District 5:||Van Baart||Gregory Garrels||Lourdes Petty|
|District 6:||(vacant)||James Carter||Whit Hicks|
|District 7:||Terry Hinman||Ryan Jusczak||Lorrie Terry|
MAC meetings are typically held the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at GVEA's headquarters on Illinois Street. All members are welcome to attend.
Note: If the temperature at 9am on the morning of a MAC meeting is -40 degrees or colder at the Fairbanks International Airport (458-3745 ext. 1113), the meeting will be cancelled.
2015 Meeting Dates
- January 14
- February 11
- March 11
- April 8
- April 29 - Annual Members' Mtg at LHS' Hering Auditorium
- May 13
- June 11 - Ballot Count (in lieu of meeting)
- July 8 - Tour of BESS (in lieu of meeting)
- August 13 - GVEA Interior Fuel Symposium (in lieu of meeting)
- Recess - No September Mtg
- October 14
- November 11
- December 9