About the Member Advisory Committee
Have you ever wondered:
- Why is electricity so expensive?
- If we have the most powerful battery back up system, why does the power still go out?
- Who decides which directors are on our ballots each year?
- What's GVEA's perspective on hydropower?
Participating on the MAC is an opportunity to find out more about your electric co-op and to provide valuable feedback.
The MAC is made up of three members from each of GVEA's seven geographic districts. MAC members serve on a variety of co-op committees (e.g. district nominating, annual meeting, bylaw review and the election committee).
MAC members meet monthly and serve three-year terms. They receive $45 per meeting, plus standard mileage rates for travel.
All GVEA members (except employees) are eligible to serve.
Interested in joining the MAC?
- MAC members meet monthly and serve three-year terms.
- Solicitation for new MAC members occurs each year during July and August.
- Applications for new MAC members are reviewed and selected by current MAC members.
- The current term year begins each October.
- Questions? Contact us at 452-1151 or email@example.com.
- Download an application by clicking here.
- Deadline for Submitting Application: August 31, 2016
Get Involved - Join the Member Advisory Committee
Current MAC Members:
|District 1:||Nancy Hummel||Peter Van Flein||Gary Woody|
|District 2:||Heidi Titchenal||LJ Evans||Hollis Hall||Roger Kermes|
|District 3:||Alison Carter||Paul Tritt, Jr.||(vacant)|
|District 4:||David Forstrom||Andrew McDonnell||Brittnie Welsh|
|District 5:||Gregory Garrels||Lourdes Petty||Enlow Walker|
|District 6:||Audrey Brown||James Carter||Lynnmarie Braddock|
|District 7:||Terry Hinman||Ryan Jusczak||(vacant)|
MAC meetings are typically held the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at GVEA's headquarters on Illinois Street. All members are welcome to attend.
Note: If the temperature at 9am on the morning of a MAC meeting is -40 degrees or colder at the Fairbanks International Airport (458-3745 ext. 1113), the meeting will be cancelled.
2016 Meeting Dates
- January 13 Agenda Minutes
- February 10 Agenda Minutes
- March 9 Agenda Minutes
- April 13 Agenda Minutes
- May 5 - Working Annual Members' Meeting (at LHS' Hering Auditorium)
- June - Tasked w/ Ballot Count - in lieu of regular meeting
- July 13 - Tour of North Pole Power Plant - in lieu of regular meeting
- August 10 Agenda Minutes
- Recess - No September Mtg
- October 12 - Attending CCHRC Workshop(s) - in lieu of regular meeting
- November 9 - Agenda
- December 14
Community Solar Project - Reference Materials
- NWPPA's Bulletin Cover Story on Community Solar (June 2015)
- NWPPA's Bulletin Article on Mason PUD's (WA) Community Solar (Nov 2015)
- PowerLines Article on Renewable Distributed Generation (April 2016)
- Ruralite Article on Wind (March 2016)
- CityLab's Article on Fixing Solar Power's Inequity Problem (March 2016)
- Article on Big Solar is Heading for Boom Times in the US (March 2016)
- NWPPA's Bulletin Article: Flathead Electric Co-op's Community Solar Project (May 2016)
- NWPPA's Bulletin Article: Cowlitz PUD's (WA) Educational Opportunity (May 2016)
- NWPPA's Bulletin Article: Various WA Utilities Launching Community Solar Projects (May 2016)
- NWPPA's Bulletin Article: Ravalli Electric Co-op's (MT) Community Solar Project (July 2016)
- Electric Co-op Today Article: Renewables Key Today and Tomorow (July 2016)
- Electric Co-op Today Article: Co-ops Prominent on Solar Energy Top 10 List (Aug 2016)
- FoxNews.com Article: Nevada Starts to Pull the Plug on Solar Subsidies (Aug 2016)
- Electric Co-op Today Article: East Kentucky Power Boosting Landfill Production (Aug 2016)
- Electric Co-op Today Article: Co-op Solar for Lower-Income Members (Aug 2016)
- Electric Co-op Today Article: Members Like Solar; Does Your Co-op? (Sep 2016)
- Electric Co-op Today Article: Where Members Stand on Environmental Issues (Sep 2016)