Home$ense, GVEA's electrical energy efficiency program, is offered to all residential members. A trained energy efficiency specialist will visit your home, perform an energy usage assessment and explain ways you can reduce electrical usage and lower energy costs.
Sign up for a Home$ense audit today.
Call our member services department at (907) 458-4555 or email
. If sending an email, be sure to provide your name, a good contact phone number and the best time to call. A representative will contact you to schedule the audit.
During a Home$ense audit, participants receive:
- Education materials and best practices in energy efficiency and use
- CFLs and LEDs to replace highly-used incandescent bulbs, limited to fixtures currently in use
- A refrigerator thermometer and coil cleaning brush
- Up to two Smart Strip surge protectors
- An adjustable weather-proof vehicle plug-in timer, if applicable
In addition, if the house has a 220-volt hard-wired electric water heater, participants may also receive:
- An electric water heater insulating blanket
- Up to 10 lineal feet of pipe wrap
- Two faucet aerators
- One low-flow shower head
The Home$ense audit is provided two ways:
- A stand-alone Home$ense audit takes two hours and costs $39.95.
- Home$ense is provided free with the Low-Income Weatherization Assistance Program. To see if you qualify, call the local weatherization provider at 452-5323 or (800) 478-5323 for more information.
Who & What is eligible?
- New construction, major additions or remodels
How to participate
It’s easy; no application is necessary. Call GVEA at 452-1151, ask for the Builder$sense program. Our energy efficiency specialist will schedule an appointment to inspect your residence, complete the paperwork and process your rebate.
Does participation in Builder$ense affect participation in other Energy$ense programs?
Builder$sense applicants may participate in Home$ense but in no case will GVEA pay incentives for a single installation more than one time.
To be eligible for a rebate, electrical equipment must be U.L. listed and all electrical and plumbing installations should conform with all applicable building codes. There is no limit to the number of eligible measures installed.
Business$ense provides rebates of up to $20,000 to non-residential members who reduce their lighting loads through energy efficient lighting retrofit projects.
How are projects selected?
GVEA staff will review submitted proposals, and if the project is mutually beneficial, GVEA may issue a contract. The rebate amount will tie directly to the reduced load or reduced demand on GVEA's system. Members will be served on a first come, first served basis.
Who is eligible?
Facilities receiving electric service from GVEA on a non-residential rate (GS-1 or GS-2), including non-profits, are eligible. Business$ense is unable to serve the following facilities:
- Residential duplexes or detached residential garages that would be better served through GVEA's Home$ense or Builder$ense programs.
- New facilities; only existing structures are eligible.
- Government military accounts.
How do I start?
- Call GVEA (907) 452-1151, stop by, or download the Business$ense Rebate Proposal Guide. This guide includes the required forms and necessary instructions.
- Once you've decided to participate, and before starting work, submit the completed proposal forms to GVEA for review.
- If the project is mutually beneficial, GVEA will offer a contract, supply additional forms for completion and schedule a pre-work inspection.
- When the project is complete, GVEA will perform a post-inspection and issue your rebate, provided the contract has been fulfilled.