Get Involved! Join the Member Advisory Committee!
By serving on the Member Advisory Committee (MAC), you’ll learn:
- Why electricity is so expensive in Interior Alaska
- Where our power comes from
- What “cooperative” means
- What goes into coordinating Golden Valley Electric Association (GVEA)’s Annual Members’ Meeting
If these topics interest you, then you should consider joining GVEA’s Member Advisory Committee (MAC). Serving on the MAC is a great way to get involved, find out more about your co-op and provide valuable feedback.
MAC meetings are typically held on the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
Interested? Apply with the Member Advisory Committee Application.
Upcoming MAC meeting: Wednesday, September 14 at 6:30 p.m.
The Wednesday, September 14, 2022, MAC will be open to the public via Microsoft Teams and/or telephone. Members who wish to participate will need to join using the following:
- Use the following link to join the virtual meeting
- Phone Number: (833) 851-7240 (toll free)
- Access Code: 619 786 53#
- If dialing in, press *6 to unmute your phone before speaking
Members are welcome to attend meetings. As a courtesy, we ask members interested in attending to notify the co-op’s Public Relations department prior to the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org
GVEA’s Member Advisory Committee Video
Here’s a brief video, with testimonials from MAC members:
The MAC is made up of 3 members from each of GVEA’s 7 geographic districts, and they:
- Serve 3-year terms (beginning in September)
- Meet monthly (typically on the second Wednesday of each month), with each meeting lasting about 90 minutes
- Receive $60 per meeting, plus standard mileage rates for roundtrip travel
MAC members are also asked to serve on various committees (e.g. district nominating, annual meeting, bylaw review, and election).
All GVEA members (except employees) are eligible to serve.
Note: Applications will be available and accepted from May through July each year.
Current MAC Members
- Matthew Mund
- Carol Lee Gho
- Anita Hartmann
- Mike Bradley
- Marcus Chappel
- Kay Hoch
- Carol Colp
- Heidi Titchenal
- Richard Theilmann
- Herbert Butler
- Jamie Hansen
- John Alden
- Alison Carter
- Korene Long
- John Rathbun
- Angela Ritchie
- Harmony Tomaszewski
- Joshua Church
- Enlow Walker
- Russell Johnston
- Karen Lipari
- Eric Lanser
- Bobbie Ortiz
- Audrey Brown
- Terry Hinman
- John Kelleher
- Katherine Hennigan
2022 Meeting Dates
- January 12
- February 9
- March 23
- April 13
- May 5 – GVEA Annual Meeting
- June 9 – Assist with the Ballot Count
- July – Tour or Ballot Count (If needed)
- August 10 – GVEA Facility Tour
- September 14
- October 12
- November 9
- December 14