We, the people of Golden Valley Electric Association (GVEA) (Board of Directors, management and staff) pledge to demonstrate the following values, beliefs, principles and standards of professional behavior as we fulfill the duties of our positions:
- Integrity and honesty in all we do.
- Full and open accountability for all of our decisions and actions.
- Dedicated stewardship (economic, environmental, and social) in the management of all the resources entrusted to our care.
- Equitable rates for power and services that reflect costs.
- Sensitive to the impacts of rates on our members.
- Open, transparent, and effective communications with our members.
- Respect for and responsive to the needs of each member while considering the impact of our actions on other members.
- Leadership, innovation, and vision in regional utility issues and solutions.
- Safe, reliable, and predictive operation and maintenance of our generation, transmission and distribution systems.
- Respect and goodwill toward one another in support of cooperative unity.
- Loyalty to the philosophy of cooperative ownership and adherence to cooperative principles.
- Recognize the importance of a diverse workforce composed of safe, committed, and self-motivated employees.
- Continuous improvement in all that we do. In advancing GVEA’s mission and values, GVEA will foster a culture of safety within the organization and our communities.
Per GVEA Policy 1.2, as amended July 14, 2020.