2021 Board Elections
Following the three-year-term election cycle, Board seats for districts 4 and 7 are currently up for election. Members in districts 4 and 7 will receive 1) an E-vote password mailer enabeling them to vote electronically, and 2) an election packet with a paper ballot if they prefer to vote by mail.
Members in districts 4 and 7 can vote either electronically or by mail.
If you have questions, please contact the Election Helpline at (855) 761-9111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 13: E-vote password mailer was sent to all members in districts 4 and 7.
- May 14: Online, e-voting opens at noon. Paper ballots were mailed today.
- June 8 at 5pm: E-voting closes, deadline to receive paper ballots.
- June 10: Ballots will be counted, results announced.
Nominated by Committee
Nominated by Committee
Instructions & Director Application Materials:
- Duties and Responsibilities of a GVEA Director
- Board of Director Application & Instructions
- Policy 2.7 – Qualifications of Directors
- Policy 2.1.1 – Board Conflict of Interest
- Application Checklists:
- Applicant Nominated Via the Nominating Committee
- Applicant Nominated Via the Petition Process
- Prior to beginning the petition process, the petitioner must contact GVEA staff to verify petitioner has a GVEA membership in their name for the district in which they are petitioning. Staff will provide a Petition Signature Form, which has been approved by the Association’s attorney.
The Election Process
The Board of Director Nomination & Election Process Handbook is downloadable. It contains information on the qualifications for directors, as well as the processes of being nominated, running by petition and campaigning.
District 1 Map
Includes the railroad industrial area, which includes Well St and Phillips Field Rd south of the Johansen Expy to the Chena River; Graehl Subd to Hamilton Ave and north of Adak Ave; heading north out of Fairbanks, the general area west of the Steese Hwy, including Fox, Chatanika, Haystack and Elliot Hwy; Farmers Loop, Goldstream, Murphy Dome and Sheep Creek Roads; the University of Alaska; College Rd and north of Noyes Slough, excluding Lemeta Subd. south of College Rd.
District 2 Map
Includes Lemeta Subd; the general area south of Noyes Slough and north of the Chena River; Doyon Estates; Danby Street; Aurora Subd, Geist Rd; University West; Chena Ridge; Goldhill Rd; Ester; and the Parks Hwy south to Mile 343.
District 3 Map
Includes the area south of the Chena Small Tracks and east of Chena Pump to Rosie Creek; the west side of Fairbanks, south of the Chena River, west of Peger Rd. and south of Airport Way; north of Richardson Hwy to Woll Rd; and south of the Chena River and Chena Slough over to Nordale Rd; and Richardson Hwy west of Mile 352.
District 4 Map
Includes downtown Fairbanks, north of Airport Way and east of Peger Rd up to the Chena River; the subdivisions of Island Homes, Hamilton Acres, Shannon Park and Birchwood Homes; all areas east of the Steese Hwy heading north out of Fairbanks and south of Goldstream Rd, including Chena Hot Springs Rd; also Secluded Acres Subd, located east of Ft. Wainwright and north of the Chena River.
District 5 Map
Includes the area of North Pole; the Richardson Hwy from Mile 352 and the east side of Woll Rd; Nordale Rd; the area north of Chena Slough; Moose Creek; Eielson; and south to the Salcha River.
District 6 Map
Includes Delta Junction, Fort Greely and all areas south of the Salcha River, including Harding and Birch Lakes.
District 7 Map
Includes the areas of Nenana, Clear, Anderson, Healy, McKinley Village and Cantwell.