2021 Board Elections
Districts 4 and 7 are next up for election!
Following the three-year-term election cycle, the next Board seats up for election in the spring of 2021 will be for Districts 4 and 7.
To prepare for this election process, GVEA has formed two Nominating Committees. The District 4 and 7 Nominating Committees are seeking members from their respective district to consider running for a seat on the GVEA Board of Directors. If you are unaware of which district your service is in, you may reference your billing statement.
Are you interested in applying for the Board or do you know someone who is?
District 4 Nominating Committee
- Katrina Abramowicz
- David Forstrom
- Karyn Janssen
- Ruth Knapman
- Angela Ritchie
- Sue Sherif
District 7 Nominating Committee
- Terry Hinman
- John Kelleher
Dates to be aware of:
- Deadline for candidates seeking nomination by committee: 5pm on Wednesday, January 20, 2021
- Deadline for candidates nominated by petition: 9am on Monday, March 8, 2021
Instructions & Director Application Materials:
- Duties and Responsibilities of a GVEA Director
- Board of Director Application & Instructions
- Policy 2.7 – Qualifications of Directors
- Policy 2.1.1 – Board Conflict of Interest
- Application Checklists:
- Applicant Nominated Via the Nominating Committee
- Applicant Nominated Via the Petition Process
- Prior to beginning the petition process, the petitioner must contact GVEA staff to verify petitioner has a GVEA membership in their name for the district in which they are petitioning. Staff will provide a Petition Signature Form, which as been approved by the Association’s attorney.
The Election Process
The Board of Director Nomination & Election Process Handbook is downloadable. It contains information on the qualifications for directors, as well as the processes of being nominated, running by petition and campaigning.