Skip to content
- Change incandescent light bulbs to CFLs or LEDs
- Use only CFLs or LEDs designated dimmable bulbs in dimmable fixtures
- Use occupancy sensors and timers
- Replace several small bulbs with one large bulb
- Decorate wall surfaces with light, reflective colors
- Keep fixtures and covers clean
- Unplug when not in use and especially when you’re on vacation
- Put all electronics on a Smart Strip; turn off when not in use
- Turn off your computers overnight
- Put entertainment equipment (TV, DVD player, speakers, game stations, etc. ) on Smart Strips.
- Limit use. One 1,200-watt electric heater costs 28¢ per hour to run.