The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in August. Eleven applications were reviewed, and five grants totaling $19,550 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Alaska Health Fair Inc.: $6,000 grant for technology upgrades.
- Fairbanks Hockey Hall of Fame: $7,500 grant to assist with the purchase of video boards.
- Guys Read / Gals Read: $3,000 grant towards the purchase of reading material.
- Pioneer Air Museum: $800 grant for the purchase of archival supplies.
- Stand Down Inc.: $2,250 grant to cover the expenses related to laboratory testing for veterans via the Alaska Health Fair.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is October 31, 2018. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $874,818.
Thank you to all of the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly billing statement to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.