- AK Association of Conservation Districts: $3,407.40 to support an educational Art & Science Installation at The Georgeson Botanical Garden about the importance of our Interior Alaska pollinator insects.
- Delta Junction Trails Association: $5,000 to support construction of the Delta River Walk Park Trail project. This trail will facilitate winter and summer activities for local residents and tourists, an outdoor classroom opportunity to educate students, and recreational opportunities for people camping at the nearby Big Delta State Recreation Site campground.
- Fairbanks Community Food Bank: $4,520 for the purchase and installation of head bolt heaters. These head both heaters will be used by the daily volunteers who do the essential work of the food bank.
- Fairbanks Shakespeare Theatre: $7,012 for the construction of touring stage to support FST’s new program, Shakespeare’s Interior Touring Company (SITC). The mission and goal of the SITC is to perform, engage, and provide educational programs for the Fairbanks community and its surrounding villages.
- John Trigg Ester Library: $2,275 for the purchase of a heating system upgrade for the Clausen Cabin, the main facility that supports the Ester Library’s mission to improve the local quality of life and offer cultural and educational opportunities for both adults and children.
- KUAC Friends Group: $3,500 to purchase and distribute Molly of Denali books to children in the Interior.
- Rotary of Fairbanks Donor Advised Fund: $7,500 to support the construction of Pathway Playground within the Tanana Lakes Park. The Pathway Playground enhances the outdoor activities available to children and families at Tanana Lakes Park!
- Snedden Family Foundation: $5,000 to upgrade the existing playground at Snedden Memorial park to meet American Disability Act Standards making the park more inclusive and accessible to all.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is July 31, 2021. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $1,260,567.16.
Thank you to all of the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly billing statement to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.