In mid-November, the Good¢ents Board of Trustees reviewed 22 applications and awarded seven grants totaling $37,623. Here is the breakdown of the recent awards:
• Pioneer Air Museum – $2,000 grant to be applied towards the purchase of archival equipment and supplies.
• Fairbanks Counseling & Adoption – $4,000 grant will help to purchase kitchen equipment.
• Fairbanks Community Food Bank – $15,000 grant will assist with the repair of a commercial freezer.
• Fairbanks Council of PTAs – $2,500 grant will go towards the expenses related to the Interior Alaska Science Fair.
• Bread Line’s Stone Soup Café – $10,123 grant will go towards the purchase of a commercial dishwasher and LED lighting.
• Denali Preschool – $500 grant will assist with the purchase of educational materials.
• Delta Imagination Library – $2,000 grant will assist with the purchase of books.
• Opera Fairbanks – $1,500 grant to purchase a computer and associated software.
All money from the Good¢ents foundation is awarded locally to nonprofit organizations and individuals in need. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is January 31, 2015. Applications and more information about the program can be found online at gvea.com/goodcents. Good¢ents is funded by the members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded nearly $404,000 in grants to local nonprofits and individuals in need.