Capital Credit Request Form

Guidelines for Filling Out Capital Credit Forms

Everyone wanting to conduct business having to do with Golden Valley Electric Association (GVEA) capital credits is requested to complete a “Request for Capital Credits Refund” form. Some of the reasons that would trigger this could be:

Persons with name changes (due to marriage, divorce, remarriage, legal name change, etc.).

  • Complete a “Capital Credits Request” form and attach legal document attesting to the fact
    that the person requesting the refund is the same person as the person named in our records and the
    reason(s) for the name change – The next capital credit refund will then be issued in that person’s
    current name

Persons who no longer have the need for a GVEA membership (due to permanent relocation outside of GVEA’s service district or into housing where electricity is provided)

Note: When requesting capital credit refunds, you’ll need to choose one of the following options:

  • Option 1 - Refund only those capital credits currently being retired.
  • Option 2 - Refund all capital credits allocated to a member – The refunded amounts will be discounted to
    reflect the early retirement of the capital credits – This will satisfy all of GVEA’s capital credit obligations

Other examples where additional capital credit forms will need to be filled out:

Individuals or businesses who want to have their capital credit refunds (either past or future)
reassigned to another person, entity or organization:

  • Complete the “Request for Capital Credits Refund” form and the "Certification of Assignment" form,
    which will need to be notarized, and return them to GVEA’s Capital Credits Section

Note: For those who choose to revert all future capital credit refunds to GVEA, those funds will be
added to GVEA’s Scholarship Disbursement Fund.

Corporations or businesses that have changed ownership or their name:

  • Complete the “Request for Capital Credits Refund” form and the "Business Certification of Entitlement"
    form, which will need to be notarized, and return them to GVEA’s Capital Credits Section with the
    required legal documentation supporting the request

On behalf of deceased persons:

  • Complete a “Capital Credits Request” form and attach a copy of the death certificate, as well
    as proof that the person requesting the refund has been appointed as personal representative of the
    deceased member's estate (either the Letters Testamentary or Statement Appointing Personal
    Representative) – If no probate is filed with the court, then an Affidavit for Collection of Personal Property
    of the Decedent must be submitted by the decedent's successor – Upon approval, the capital credit
    refund check will be issued to the applicant

Note: An IRS W-9 Form (PDF) will be required for refunds of $600 or more.

Refunds typically take 4 to 8 weeks to be fully processed and a check to be issued.

Questions: Call GVEA’s Capital Credits Section at (907) 451-5625 or (800) 770-4832 or email GVEA Capital Credits

Choose the option that best describes you(Required)

Member Information


GVEA Information

Additional Information

Please enter any additional information that may help us find your Capital Credits.
Our team will review this information and respond with any questions within 24 business hours. If your request is urgent please contact one of our representatives at (907) 452-1151 during our normal business hours of Monday-Thursday, 8:30AM – 430PM and Fridays 8:30AM – 12PM.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.