For your convenience, Golden Valley Electric Association (GVEA) offers several ways to pay your bill – 3 of which are accessible 24/7.
My Account - Accessible 24/7
- GVEA’s Member Portal, you can pay your electric bill online 24 hours a day
- Payments made prior to 11:30 a.m. (AKST) on days GVEA is open for business will be posted to your account that afternoon
- Payments made after 11:30 a.m. (AKST) will be posted to your account the next business day
With the GVEA Member Portal you can:
- View and/or print your electric bill
- Make one-time payments
- Schedule payments
- Set up auto-pay
- View your usage history
- View your payment history
- Find prior-year tax totals
- Manage multiple accounts in one location
GVEA’s My Account system allows you to make a one-time payment from your checking, savings, VISA, MasterCard, Discover or debit card.
If you don’t have an existing user ID/password, click on the “Create New Account” link. Both your account number and meter number are needed to create a log-in account. You can find these listed on your bill.
Mobile App – Accessible 24/7
With GVEA’s Mobile App, you can:
View your bill
View your usage history for up to 12 months
Make a one-time payment (*Auto-pay not available)
Communicate with GVEA directly through the App
Access GVEA’s bill calculator
Send/receive emails to/from GVEA
Both your account number and meter number are needed to create a log-in account. You can find these listed on your bill.
- The GV E-Bill and the mobile app are 2 different systems; therefore, they are not linked. A separate login is required for the mobile app
- We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause
If you would like to view a tutorial video clip on the Mobile App, check out the following video:
GVEA’s Mobile App Tutorial Video
Automated Phone System
Make a one-time payment
Check your account balance
Update your phone number
Report a power outage
Your account number is needed to process the IVR actions you intend to initiate. Your account number appears on your monthly billing statement.
You can also use the IVR phone system to:
- Update the phone number(s) associated with your electric account
- Report a power outage
Internal Auto Pay Options (Available during business hours)
Your payment will be automatically drafted 11 to 14 days following the billing date
Choose from 2 options:
Automatic payment from your credit card or debit card
- GVEA will send you a courtesy letter when your expiration date is nearing
Automatic payment from your checking or savings account
- Copy of a check is required
Enroll in Auto Pay by completing one of the Auto Pay forms:
Bill Payment Kiosk
4 locations to choose from!
Our Payment Kiosk will accept:
Change will not be provided if paying with cash; any overpayment will be reflected on your account as a credit.
- To begin a transaction, you will need your account number, which appears on your monthly billing statement.
- The screens and the narrative will walk you through each step.
Delinquent account payments deposited after 4 p.m. will not prevent shut-off notices already scheduled for delivery
For your convenience, Golden Valley provides a postage-paid envelope with each billing statement that’s mailed
With a Member Services Representative
- A Member Service Representative is happy to assist with processing your payment. They are available by phone at (907) 452-1151 (Option 2) or toll-free at (800) 770-4832 and in office at our lobby locations from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. through 12 p.m. on Fridays (except holidays)