Member Advisory Ccommittee (MAC) Meetings
MAC meetings are typically held the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at GVEA's headquarters on Illinois Street. All members are welcome to attend.
- Note: If the temperature at 9am on the morning of a MAC meeting is -40 degrees or colder at the Fairbanks International Airport (458-3745 ext. 1113), the meeting will be canceled.
Here's a brief video, with testimonials from MAC members
(click on link): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT-lhJLPdmU
By serving on the Member Advisory Committee, you'll learn:
- Why electricity is so expensive in Interior Alaska.
- Where our power comes from.
- What "cooperative" means.
- What goes into coordinating GVEA's Annual Members' Meeting.
If these topics interest you, then you should consider joining GVEA's Member Advisory Committee (MAC). Serving on the MAC is a great way to get involved, find out more about your co-op and provide valuable feedback.
The MAC is made up of three members from each of GVEA's seven geographic districts, and they:
- Serve three-year terms (beginning in September)
- Meet monthly (typically on the second Wednesday of each month), with each meeting lasting about 90 minutes
- Receive $60 per meeting, plus standard mileage rates for roundtrip travel
MAC members are also asked to serve on various committees (e.g. district nominating, annual meeting, bylaw review and election).
All GVEA members (except employees) are eligible to serve.
Current MAC Members:
|District 1:||Carol Lee Gho||Anita Hartmann||Robert Hildebrandt||Mathew Mund|
|District 2:||Carol Colp||Karm Singh||Richard Theilmann|
|District 3:||Alyssa Norris||Alison Carter||Korene Long||Ben Loeffler|
|District 4:||Mike Bradley||Angela Ritchie||Harmony Tomaszewski|
|District 5:||Ben Gorman||Russell Johnston||Rodney Rutherford||Enlow Walker|
|District 6:||Dan Beck||Audrey Brown||Bobbie Ortiz|
|District 7:||Terry Hinman||John Kelleher|
2020 Meeting Dates
- January 8 - Agenda (canceled due to cold weather)
- February 12 - Agenda Minutes
- March 11 - Agenda Minutes
- April 8 - canceled due to COVID-19 situation
- May 7 - canceled, since Annual Members' Meeting will be held via video streaming at www.gvea.com
- June 11 - Assist with the Ballot Count
- July - GVEA Facility Tour (canceled due to COVID-19 situation)
- August 12 - canceled due to COVID-19 situation
- September 9 - canceled due to COVID-19 situation
- October 14 - Agenda
- November 11
- December 9