Deadline to submit completed application to GVEA is: 5 p.m. on Wednesday, January 17, 2024. The documents that must be completed are:
- Application, completed and e-signed Go to our Board of Directors Application page to complete the application online. Follow instructions on page of application.
- Background Check Report The Candidate is responsible for obtaining their background check report directly from the Alaska State Troopers. The cost is $20 per report and generally can be obtained while waiting at the Alaska State Troopers office on Peger Road in Fairbanks or Deborah Street in Delta Junction, Alaska. See Appendix B for a summary of this process.The report must be included as part of your application and needs to be dated no earlier than 90 days prior to the application deadline – 5 p.m. on Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
Nominating Committee’s Core Interview Questions for Candidates.
Candidates, including incumbents, whose applications are complete and meet the qualifications and requirements to be eligible to run for a board seat, will be interviewed by the nominating committee. Nominating Committees are required to ask the following core questions. Other questions can be asked and must be reviewed by GVEA legal counsel before they are used. Each candidate will be asked the same questions that a nominating committee chooses to use during the candidate interview process.
- Describe your vision for how GVEA could change over the foreseeable future to meet the needs of its membership while staying abreast of developing technologies.
- What knowledge and skills do you bring to complement the existing expertise on the GVEA Board of Directors?
- GVEA’s Member Advisory Committee functions as a liaison between the Board and the membership. What ideas do you have for utilizing the MAC in this function?
- What do you understand about GVEA’s fuel diversity and GVEA’s Carbon Reduction Goal?
- The Board provides governance through policy and strategic direction. How will you contribute in this area of board responsibility?
- How can and should the Board communicate with its members?